Tuesday, August 7, 2012

W. Charlotte recruit Meeks: no college decision yet

West Charlotte High center Kennedy Meeks has lost 15 pounds since the end of the past season and is down to about 270. He's also impressed college scouts with his work at a number of summer camps and showcase events.

Meeks, a 6-foot-9 senior center, told the Observer that he doesn't have a real timetable at the moment to begin his college visits, or a real short list of favorites.

He said he'll plan to visit the "schools I like most" perhaps in the fall, perhaps during the upcoming prep season.

He said he has college offers from, in the order he listed them, North Carolina, N.C. State, Louisvile, Charlotte, Georgetown and Pittsburgh. He later added that he's got an offer from every ACC school except Duke.

Indiana and Kentucky are also recruiting Meeks, whom ESPN ranks No. 2 nationally at his position and No. 28 overall.

Meeks said that all of the summer travel is hard but he's enjoying everything that goes along with his recruiting process.

"It's kind of cool," he said. "I don't ever get tired of it I'm so used to it. The summer has been great. I got a call from a scout recently who said I was the No. 1 center in the country now. That makes you feel like you've accomplished something but I know the job is not done. I've got to try to make the McDonald's (All-American) game and the Jordan (Classic) game. To play in the Jordan game here (the event has been in Charlotte for two years) would be special. I think a lot of people would come out and support me."


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

In all of Langston's writings, he has yet to understand the difference between an actual scholarship offer and being talked to by the school. Will be interesting to see where Meeks ends up